As one of the platforms that is being loved, the popularity of TikTok is increasingly recognized by the public. TikTok is also one of the platforms that gives birth to new trends. One of the recipes, which has recently gone viral, is the baked feta pasta recipe.
Lately, TikTok’s viral pasta recipe is getting the attention of many people. Initially, this trend only had a boom in Finland.
However, with so many cooks now joining TikTok, they’re sharing a recipe for baked feta pasta that’s easy to make at home.
Surely many of you are already familiar with this viral food. In addition to how to cook it is quite easy, the taste is no less delicious like pasta in a restaurant. Well, if you want to try to make it, you can follow the recipe below.
TikTok-style Baked Feta Pasta Recipe
Yields: 4 servings
Calories: 429 calories
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Total: 0 hour 40 minutes
Keywords: pasta, tomatoes
- 12 giant prawns
- 200 – 450 gr pasta
- 200 – 400 gr cherry tomatoes
- 200 gr feta cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red chili
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp oregano (optional)
- 1/3 tsp parsley (optional)
How to Cook
- Prepare a heat-resistant container or pan. Add 200-400g of cherry tomatoes, then drizzle with 1/2 cup of olive oil. Sprinkle black pepper, salt, sugar, oregano, and 4 whole garlic cloves on the cherry tomatoes in the bowl.
- Leave space in the middle to place 200g of feta cheese between the cherry tomatoes. Then, put it in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bring water to a boil, sprinkle with salt and oil to taste. Then, boil the pasta until soft. When it feels soft enough, drain the water, and let it sit in another bowl while waiting for the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese to cook.
- Remove from the oven the container with the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese which is cooked and melted. After that, stir until evenly distributed.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cherry tomato and feta cheese mixture, stirring until everything is completely combined. Add parsley leaves as a complement and decoration. Baked feta pasta is ready to serve!
Tips for making baked feta pasta recipe
- Only use fresh ingredients – With such very little ingredients, I highly advise utilizing fresh basil, , fresh minced garlic and fresh cherry tomatoes (not tinned diced tomatoes). And also extra virgin olive oil makes all the distinction right here – it’s basically what comprises the sauce!
- Save the pasta water. Whenever I prepare pasta, I like to conserve 1/2 a cup of pasta water simply in case the pasta dish appears dry. I didn’t utilize it here, yet you can definitely include it if you really feel the baked feta pasta requires extra sauce. And as a whole, it will help the sauce be much more creamy and smooth.
- Use a block of feta cheese for best results. That’s because the block is less processed and will give a more melty consistency when baked.
- You can use any pasta you’d like or even make this with gluten-free pasta.