Are you seeking on the delightful Tom Yum Goong recipe?
This one food menu is very easy for beginners to practice, the time it takes to make it is not too long.
A glimpse of Thai tom yum goong, a soup with a sour taste with spices. The same goes for tom yum, a typical soup for galangal, lemongrass and tomatoes. In addition, it is added with vegetables such as mushrooms, tomatoes and shrimp as ingredients for making soup. To add flavor before serving the tom yum sauce, add lime juice.
As for Tom Yum Goong itself, it uses additional coconut milk or cream so that it tastes creamier. Curious to serve your own dishes at home, we will share the recipe with you.
The following are Tom Yum Goong recipe and steps for making tom yum goong in Thai style that are easy and delicious, good luck.
Thailand Tom Yum Goong Recipe
Yields: 4 servings
Calories: 229 calories
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Total: 1 hour 15 minutes
Keywords: shrimp, soup
- 12 giant prawns
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- 5 grams of lime leaves
- 2 grams of garlic
- 100 grams of button mushrooms
- 2 ½ segments of galangal (Laos)
- 4 lemongrass stalks
- 2 tablespoons of red chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 8 pieces of green bird’s eye chilies
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Red onion to taste
- Coriander leaves to taste
How to Cook
- Prepare a saucepan and then boil the chicken stock along with the lime leaves.
- Add garlic, shallots, galangal and lemongrass to the stew in the chicken stock. Set aside your food for about 15 minutes.
- After reaching enough time, then add shrimp, mushrooms, bird’s eye chilies and chili sauce to your cooking, then continue to cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes then you put the tomatoes, coconut milk while you keep stirring slowly.
- Don’t forget to season with salt, lime juice and fish sauce.
- After cooking then turn off the heat.
- Pour your tom yam into a serving bowl.
- Serve your tom yam while it’s still warm, and don’t forget to add a sprinkling of cilantro on top to add flavor.
This is how to make Tom Yum Goong, an authentic Thai soup with a very delicious taste that you can serve as an alternative menu for your family. Tom Yam Goong is suitable for you to serve when the weather is cold or rainy.