Now if most of the rendang that you meet now has gone through a lot of modifications, then the question is whether you want to try the original Rendang Padang?
5 Tips to Make Tender Rendang
But before that there are a few tips you can use to make Rendang meat tender more quickly.Some tips are from the way you buy meat, cut meat, and pound the meat with a meat tenderizer.
And avoid marinating meat with water because it can reduce the juicy taste contained in meat.In addition to tearing Rendang meat, you can use the ingredients that are usually available in your home kitchen.What are these ingredients?Check out the review.
Here are 5 ingredients that can make beef more tender:
- Papaya leaf
1. Papaya Leaves
You can use papaya leaves to help tender the meat. The trick is before you process meat with various herbs, you can boil the meat with papaya leaves. Another way is you can season the meat and wrap it in papaya leaves.The next step is you can cook it until the meat is tender.
Ginger is also often used to crush meat.The trick is to smear the ginger that has been shredded throughout the meat, then leave it for a few minutes before it is processed.Proteolytic enzymes contained in ginger can help break down protein bonds in meat, so that the meat becomes tender more quickly.
Coffee can be used to tend meat naturally. The trick is to soak the meat overnight using one cup of strong coffee. Besides being able to squeeze the meat, coffee can also strengthen the taste of the meat.
Famous tea has many benefits.Besides being able to regulate digestion, reduce cholesterol, and dissolve fat, tea also turns out to function as beef to be cooked into Rendang.How to?You can marinate the meat in a solution of dark black tea.Tea contains tannin which is famous as a natural meat tenderizer.
Next you can use yogurt to help soften the texture of meat.You can marinate the meat for a few minutes in yogurt.But choose yogurt that tastes plain or tasteless so that the taste of the meat itself is not disturbed by the sour taste of yogurt.
Tender Rendang Padang Minang Original Recipe
The following is the original Minang Padang Rendang meat recipe and complete ways to make it:
Yields: 5 servings
Calories: 195 calories
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Total: 1 hours 20 minutes
- 1.5 kg of beef
- 2 liters of coconut milk from 2 old coconuts
- 2 lemongrass stems crushed
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cm candis acid / gelugur
- 2 pieces of turmeric leaves tied
- 5 candlenuts
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams of red chilies
- 12 red onions
- 100 grams of curly red chilies
- 2 cm grilled ginger
- 2 cm galangal
- 3 cm roasted turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin roasted
- seasoning to taste
How to Cook
- First of all if the meat has been prepared, cut the beef into cubes or the desired size, just don’t cut the meat too small to be processed into rendang so that when cooked the meat will not be crushed
- Pour coconut milk into a large skillet, add the lemongrass, sliced shallots, tamarind and turmeric leaves. Stir until the coconut milk boils and make sure the coconut milk that you cook is not broken, for that you have to keep stirring the coconut milk until it boils evenly.
- After the coconut milk boils, gently put the spice that has been mashed into it and occasionally stir for about 20-30 minutes.
- After you see the coconut milk looks greasy, this means that it’s time you put in the sliced rendang meat and cook it using low / medium heat until the coconut milk thickens and dries and the spices seep into the pores of the meat.
Continue cooking until the meat is tender and cooked evenly, don’t be careless to keep stirring it so that the bottom doesn’t burn and the meat doesn’t fail.
It turns out it’s not difficult to cook the original Rendang Padang Minang?All you need is perseverance, patience and following the original Minang Padang Rendang recipe above, you can present a very tasty legendary Padang Rendang Minang specialty for your family.